Forum of Rectors of Central Asian Countries
On May 12-13, 2022, Almaty will host the Forum of Rectors of Central Asian countries.
The forum will be attended by representatives of the Ministries of Education of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan, higher educational institutions of Kazakhstan and Central Asian countries’ rectors, large organizations’ representatives such as Microsoft, QS, Elsevier, Clarivate Analytics, as well as representatives of the Council of Europe, Bologna Follow-Up Group, Academic Information Centre (Latvia).
The purpose of the forum is to expand regional cooperation between universities in Central Asia.
In 2021, Turkestan city hosted the Conference of Ministers of Education of the Central Asian countries. As a result of the Conference, the Turkestan Declaration was adopted, in which the Ministers of Education of the Central Asian countries proclaimed the creation of the Central Asian Higher Education Area.
In addition, at the conference, the universities of the Central Asian countries adopted a Memorandum on the establishment of the Alliance of Central Asian Universities (hereinafter - the Alliance).
The Forum will discuss the further work of the Alliance. In addition, it is planned to sign bilateral agreements between higher educational institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan and Central Asia, to reach agreements on:
- development of academic mobility of staff and students,
- ensuring mutual access to the educational platforms of universities that are members of the Alliance,
- opening branches and representative offices of universities in Central Asian countries,
- organization of scholarship programs,
- development of a framework standard for accreditation for the countries of Central Asia,
- as well as providing access to the electronic interuniversity library for universities that are members of the Alliance.
In general, the Alliance will contribute to the unification of the scientific, intellectual, creative potential of higher educational institutions of the Central Asian region to solve urgent problems and promote the global process of development of higher education and science around the world.
The program of the Forum of Rectors of Central Asian countries can be found here.